Why Use Don & Cathy When Selling Your Home?
We can help you understand everything you need to know about the home selling process.
We are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. We subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reported that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again.
Real estate transactions are one of the biggest financial dealings of most people’s lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $300,000. If you had a $300,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a certified professional accountant? If you had a $300,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be wise to work with us when you are selling a home.
If you're still not convinced of the value of our services, here are more reasons to use us.
- When selling your home, we can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace as well as the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
- We can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property.
- We will market your property to other real estate agents and the public. In many markets across the country, over half of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer.
We act as the marketing coordinator, distributing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service (MLS) or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc. Our Code of Ethics requires us to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
- We know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. CRA studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of us, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. We will generally prescreen and will accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- We can help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing – and a lot of possible pitfalls. We can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
- We can help close the sale of your home. Issues may arise between the initial sales agreement and closing, for example, unexpected repairs might be required to obtain financing or a title problem is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. We are the best people to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing.